The Lumeah Woollen Casket is a beautiful and comforting alternative to a traditional coffin or casket. It is gentle on the eye and soft to the touch.
Lumeah Woollen CasketThe Lumeah Woollen Casket is a beautiful and comforting alternative to a traditional coffin or casket. It is gentle on the eye and soft to the touch. A woolen coffin, also known as a wool casket or a woollen shroud, is a type of burial capsule that is made entirely of natural wool. These coffins are typically made from British wool, which is woven into a soft and strong fabric that is then used to create the coffin. Woollen coffins are a more eco-friendly option compared to traditional coffins made from hardwood or metal, as they are biodegradable and have a lower carbon footprint. The use of woollen coffins is becoming more popular here in Australia as part of a growing trend towards more sustainable and natural burial practices. The Lumeah Woollen Casket is a gentle and soft design creating a beautiful capsule to lay your loved one to rest in.
Lumeah Woollen Casket Features:
- Made using British wool, expertly woven in Yorkshire
- Hand constructed on the same premises that have produced the outer woollen clothing for over 230 years
- The outer woollen layer is carefully hand-fitted around a strong recycled cardboard frame
- A reinforced frame of MDF baseboard
- Carefully lined with soft woollen wadding for a mattress base
- Generously lined with organic cotton
- Attractively edged with jute
- Soft organic cotton covered pillow
- Beautiful blanket stitch detail exterior
- Jute handles
- Simple wooden toggle fastenings